Tuesday 15 November 2016

Who's visiting today?

Hi all

Today we have the lovely Audrey Whittaker visiting the blog. I 'met' Audrey in cyber space through Daisy Trail when I first started demonstrating the Serif software on Craft TV. She has been a great support on my journey along the way and never more so than with the launch of my own digi kits!

I asked Audrey to give us a little intro and this is what she said;

I am married with two grown up children and one grandchild. I live in North West England and I am now retired but used to run my own business selling foundation wear and lingerie. I play golf and have served on many club committees, I was honoured to be Lady Captain in 2011 and had a ball!

I have always enjoyed crafting, sewing and knitting and use Craft Artist to add to my crafting fun as well as to produce art work for social events including table and name cards and seating plans. I love being a member at Daisy Trail and to be honest I’m not sure how I ever managed to find the time to work as now a days I don’t seem to have any spare time!
And here is some of the lovely work Audrey has created with my kits


I love the layering and blending on these two pieces created with my Lilies and Light digi kit

 
And I love the perspective that Audrey has created on this layout, building up the 'frame' of poppies in the foreground with the flower pots and elements from the kit looking through into that fabulous blended photo on the background.
 


These creations are made with my Bizarre and Fantastic kit and I love that they all look completely different. I really like the black background with the dancing figures, it makes them really pop and the added décor on the plain tea set in the kit is fab.

 
This layout makes me smile and what a brilliant use of the oriental bridge embellie in the kit to accent the shapes on the background.
 


Two lovely layouts created with my La Senora Mexicana kit, the pictures are perfect and clever layering of the Dahlia embellie on the left frames the pictures beautifully.


These fab projects are created with my Sunflower and Stars digi kit and all look so different. The Iris embellies on the textured background are really striking and would make a great framed piece of home décor I think.


This would look fab in a frame too ... like the modern version of Vincent's sunflowers! I love that Audrey has used the blue vase on the blue background, it makes the photo real sunflowers in the kit really pop.


 
And this layout is magical! The perspectives on the elements are brilliant, I love the blended background and the photo on paper stack embellie is inspired! Love it!
 
 
And finally a collection of cards that Audrey created .... fabulous!
 
I hope you've enjoyed your stroll through Audrey's creations and feel inspired to give some of the ideas a go, I know I do!
 
I will love you and leave you for now. I hope you're well and happy, until soon, as ever,
Happy Crafting!
Love
MJMx


4 comments:

  1. A wonderful selection of pages and cards that Audrey has created with your lovely kits Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work by Audrey...I especially like the cards. Thanks for sharing ladies.....fab inspiration once again. x

    ReplyDelete