Tuesday 1 November 2016

Who's visiting today?

Hi all

Today I would like to introduce you to another visitor to the land of MJM Design Studios, it's my lovely friend Yvette Harvey. I have known Yvette for a few years now. We first met when I did a couple of years of the Olympia craft show and taught classes, she was one of my students, fast forward a few years and there she was on the Serif Craft Artist design team ... small world! I had the pleasure of sharing her work on Create and Craft TV and now she has done some glorious work with my digi kits, some friendships are just meant to be!!! I have always loved Yvette's work and she is a very talented digi crafter (and a funny lady!)

These two layouts use my Sunflowers and Stars digi kit


I love that this layout is so English looking and uses the soft colour palette within the kit. I've always admired Yvette's use of layers in and around her focal points


This layout uses one of the intelligent photo frames in the kit to great effect as well as all that lovely detail and layering in the bottom corner, this is also a tutorial that Yvette has kindly allowed me to share that will be coming soon to the blog!
 
The next 2 layouts use my Lilies and Light digikit
 

A Fabulous example of Yvette's skill of using 'white space' on a layout and the layers again!

 
and in contrast to the layout before, a very Monet inspired layout (with one of my favourite backgrounds!) and a great use of some of the kits digi stamps.
 
The next 2 layouts use my La Senora Mexicana digikit
 

A lovely floral page with great layering ...

 
and a fabulous collage page here with such clever use of some of the digital patterns in the kit.
 
And finally Yvette went to town with my Bizarre and Fantastic digi kit
 

I love the re colouring of the background on this layout, it really works with the photos


A Happy smiley page, when Yvette first got this kit she said it was fuzzy feltastic :D


I love that this layout works so well with the photo and the story, Clarice Cliffs oriental inspired elements work so well here.

 

And this is just fabulous, I love the multi photo layout and this is beautifully put together with all the strips of colours and ribbons!

I hope you're as inspired by Yvette's lovely work as I am. I will post Yvette's tutorial soon, until then, as ever,
Happy Crafting
Love
MJMx

2 comments: